First Aid Club
The club facilitates the activities of students who wish to be trained and who are interested in first aid. First aid is the immediate care given to a person who has been injured or has been suddenly taken ill. Members are taught skills like using well selected words of encouragement, evidence of willingness to help and promotion of confidence by demonstration of competence.
What do we do in the First-Aid Club?
- First-Aid Club empowers students to deal with emergency situations and to support injured students.
- First-aiders are exposed to practical experience by doing duty during sports events (athletics, rugby, hockey, cricket and soccer).
- The first aid team forms a valuable component of the school’s sports programme.
What are our duties?
- Students do first aid duties at organized sports events at the school.
- First-aiders are on stand-by during matches in the event of an injury on the sports field.
- In the event of an injury during school hours, a first-aid student may also attend to the injured student.
Activities during the year:
St John Ambulance services and EMRAS help train both staff and club members.
Membership is open to all pupils from Form 1 – U6 who are dedicated and passionate to be of service to other pupils at every sporting event.
Training sessions and club meetings must be attended and duty times must be observed.
Mondays and Tuesdays
3pm – 4pm
Patron: Ms S. Nyanhanda